Since 2005, NADP has offered members access to our Shared Research program designed to pool member resources to conduct primary market research on a specific audience important to the dental benefits business. The program has evolved to conducting periodic research on employer attitudes and behaviors related to dental benefits.
As part of the NADP mission to provide value to our membership and the dental benefits industry, we are issuing this call for sponsors of a primary research study addressing employer attitudes, expectations, and perceptions related to dental benefits, dental health, and the effects of health care reform on their dental benefit offerings.
The objectives of this study are as follows:
- Identify common attitudes, expectations, and perceptions associated with purchasing dental coverage.
- Track changes in those attitudes, expectations, and perceptions, building on past efforts back to 2013.
- Identify opportunities for dental plans to provide educational and other services to employers to aid in their purchase process.
- The sponsor companies may develop additional objectives.
To track changes in attitudes, expectations, and perceptions associated with purchasing dental coverage and perspectives toward dental health, this effort will be set up to build upon a web-based tracking study initiated in 2013. NADP will survey 800 or more individuals responsible for determining employee benefits for their firm. The sample will be sufficiently diverse to compare responses.
- By employer size (6 to 50 employees, 51 to 100 employees, 101 to 499 employees, and 500+ employees).
- By region (Northeast, South, Midwest, West). Sample sizes may be sufficient to compare a few larger states such as California, Texas, and New York.
- Our goal is to field this survey in September 2023.
Participating sponsors will wholly fund this research. Each sponsor will contribute a share of the cost of the study based on the following guidelines.
- NADP members: $9,000
- Non-members: $10,800
Each sponsor will receive the following upon completion of the project:
- a data file of the aggregate data for the current wave.
- a Final Report in Powerpoint format
- the final version of the survey instrument.
The final report will not be made available for purchase to NADP members, other stakeholders, or the general public for at least six months, costing at least $10,800.
NADP will have the same rights to the data and the report as any other sponsor.
Dental plans funding this study will receive the following benefits:
- Editorial participation in the final content of the survey and reports
- Access to all data files
- Access to a final report will not be available to NADP members or the general public.
- July/August 2023: Solicit sponsors.
- September 2023: Field survey
- October 2023: Release results to study sponsors.
Since study sponsors have editorial rights to the content and timing of the study, Objectives, and Timeline are subject to change at their discretion.
For more information about this research project and how to participate, please contact Jerry Berggren, Director of Research and Information, at 972-842-9456 or by email at email@example.com.
Commitments to participate must be made no later than August 18, 2023.