On May 20, NADP sent a letter to U.S. House and Senate leadership advocating for an increase to the Medicaid Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP), with a specific increase for dental benefits, in the next COVID-19 relief package.
Negotiations in Congress for the package are ongoing, and an FMAP increase will provide substantial relief to states that are considering budget cuts because of COVID-19. Without increased federal support, Medicaid adult dental benefits in many states are at risk of cuts or elimination. These potential budget cuts cause serious concerns for public health, Medicaid enrollees, and dental plans in the government programs space.
Contact your members of Congress today and help preserve adult dental benefits in Medicaid! To help advocate for an FMAP increase, please follow the steps below to help distribute our letter and engage Congress.
- Find your senators and representative by using the links below:
- Using the spreadsheet, find the contacts for your senators and representative.
- Craft your message using the email template.
- Replace the highlighted prompts with information about you and your company.
- Tailor the email for your relationships with your senators or representative.
- Attach the NADP letter to your email.
- Please send one email per office.
- Follow up! Send an email to email@example.com letting us know who you contacted or BCC us on your original email.
- Let us know if you receive any questions or response. This will help NADP track which congressional offices have been contacted.