NADP last facilitated a survey of employers’ attitudes and behaviors toward dental benefits in 2020. The Employer Tracking Survey is 100% supported by sponsors of the research, and results will only be available to sponsoring companies.
The objectives of this study are as follows:
- Identify common attitudes, expectations, and perceptions associated with the purchase of dental coverage, especially in light of the economic and social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Track changes in those attitudes, expectations, and perceptions, building on past efforts in 2013.
- Identify opportunities for dental plans to provide educational and other services to employers to aid in their purchase process.
- The sponsor companies may develop additional objectives.
To track changes in attitudes, expectations, and perceptions associated with purchasing dental coverage and attitudes toward dental health, this effort will be set up to build upon a web-based tracking study initiated in 2013. NADP will survey 800 or more individuals responsible for determining employee benefits for their firm. The sample will be sufficiently diverse to compare responses.
- By employer size (6 to 50 employees, 51 to 100 employees, 101 to 499 employees and 500+ employees).
- By region (Northeast, South, Midwest, West). Sample sizes may be sufficient to compare a few larger states such as California, Texas and New York.
- Our goal is to field this survey in Sept. 2022.
Participating sponsors will wholly fund this research. Each sponsor will contribute a share of the cost of the study based on the following guidelines.
- NADP members: $9,000
- Non-members: $10,800
Each sponsor will receive the following upon completion of the project:
- a data file of the aggregate data for the current wave
- a Final Report in PowerPoint format
- the final version of the survey instrument
The final report will not be made available for purchase to NADP members, other stakeholders, or the general public for at least six months and at the cost of at least $10,800.
NADP will have the same rights to the data and report as any other sponsor.
Dental plans funding this study will receive the following benefits:
- Editorial participation in the final content of the survey and reports
- Access to all data files
- Access to a final report that will not be available to NADP members or the general public for at least six months.
- July/Aug. 2022: Solicit sponsors.
- Sept. 2022: Field survey
- Oct. 2022: Release results to study sponsors.
Since study sponsors have editorial rights to the content and timing of the study, Objectives, and Timeline are subject to change at their discretion.
For more information about this research project and how to participate, please contact Director of Research and Information Jerry Berggren (972-458-6998 x113).
For a full prospectus of this project, please visit this link: https://www.nadp.org/researchpublications/shared-research