In 2019 the NADP Education program earned high marks with an industry-specific curriculum designed to help members succeed via the Webinar Series and CONVERGE, the NADP annual conference.
NADP offered three different educational webinar packages:
- Industry Trends Mini-Series with four webinars
- Special Focus Mini-Series with four webinars
- Full Package featuring all the webinars in the two Mini-Series
The Webinar program also included sponsored webinars presented by companies serving the dental benefits industry.
Recordings of the educational and sponsored webinars are located in the Knowledge Center.
CONVERGE 2019 was one of the most highly attended annual conferences in NADP history. With standing-room only sessions, engaging receptions and a jam-packed Discovery Zone exhibit hall, CONVERGE 2019 delivered excellent professional development and networking opportunities.
CONVERGE highlights included the Opening Session presentation by Scott Deming who shared insights regarding how to create the ultimate customer experience. Additional General Sessions included Dental Market Trends Update, presented by Marko Vujicic, Ph.D. of the American Dental Association and Disrupting Dental: Raw Insights for Brokers at Large presented by Eric Silverman. CONVERGE also offered breakout sessions in three educational tracks: Advocacy, Business Development and Professional Relations. Covered topics included:
- Actuarial Panel Discussion
- Oral Health Issues and Barriers to Care Facing Individuals with Special Needs
- Evolution of Dental Hygiene
- Virtual Credit Cards
- Oral Health and the Opioid Crisis
- Directory and Claims Data
- How Preventive Dental Care Can Lower Costs for Chronic Disease Patients
- What they DO Teach in Dental School
- Politics and Policy of State and Federal Single Payer Proposals
- How Big Data is Changing Dental Quality Measurements
- Using Analytics in Value Based Models to Give Teeth to Dental Plans
- State of the States: 2019 Policy Trends and Looking Ahead to 2020
- Urban-Rural Variation in Dental Care: An Analysis of Private Claims Data
- Disruptive Forces in Dental Care Delivery-Teledentistry and Technology Enabled Dental Treatment
- Updates from Surgeon General’s Report on Oral Health in America